The purpose of the Workforce Development & Continual Improvement (WFD&CI) department is twofold:
1. Monitoring and improving the competencies of all departments.
2. Driving the manufacturing excellence vision with the objective of fostering continual improvement in site culture and value drivers across the site.
For us to continue to maintain our strong working relationship with our internal and external network and where your work has a direct impact, we have an opening for a Learning & Development Specialist. You will be part of an energetic team of four (future six) employees, reporting to the WFD&CI manager.
WFD&CI services all departments on manufacturing site Geleen that report to the site director. To enable this, the Learning & Development Specialist is in close contact with SABIC colleagues, both on site Geleen and in other affiliates globally. Furthermore, contacts with other site users on Chemelot industrial park, training suppliers, schools, colleges and authorities are maintained.
JOB PURPOSE & RESPONSIBILITIES
Your purpose as Learning & Development Specialist is to drive the competency management programs for all levels of staff, including EHSS and leaders development. SABIC’s career planning function, which includes our specific development programs such as Job Qualification Program (JQP), Frontline Worker Development (Jadeer) and Continuing Professional Development (CPD) will also fall within your scope.
As Learning & Development Specialist your challenge will be:
• Aligning the development of site competency management plans.
• Supporting and tracking the implementation of development programs.
• Facilitating execution reporting and stewardship.
• Controlling the effectiveness of competency-based career planning programs by identifying gaps and proposing improvement actions.
• Effectively managing OMS competency assessments / programs and planning for enhancements accordingly.
• Developing, preparing and recommending training programs for continuous development programs. And coordinating with external parties on matters related to learning and development programs.
• Bachelor degree in Learning & Development, Human Resources Development, Education & Training or comparable.
• 6-9 years of experience in a comparable role, preferably with knowledge of didactic methods.
• Good command of Dutch and English language.
• Core business competencies:
- Analytical Thinking
- Influencing & Communication for Impact
- Project Management
Interested in this position?
Please apply online by sending us your CV and motivation letter in English. Due to data privacy reasons we do not handle any applications sent by email. For additional questions you can contact: Glenn Duggert, Corporate Recruiter, via firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be informed that a reference check, an employment verification and E-assessment are part of our recruitment process. A Certificate of Good Conduct can be requested depending on the level of the role in our organization and/or function, allowing us to request depending on local regulations.
Responses from employment agencies will not be considered.
SABIC is a global diversified chemicals company, headquartered in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. It manufactures on a global scale in the Americas, Europe, Middle East and Asia Pacific, making distinctly different kinds of products: chemicals, commodity and high performance plastics, agri-nutrients and metals.
SABIC supports its customers by identifying and developing opportunities in key end-use applications such as construction, medical devices, packaging, agri-nutrients, electrical and electronics, transportation and clean energy.
The company has more than 31,000 employees worldwide and operates in around 50 countries. Fostering innovation and a spirit of ingenuity, SABIC has 10,090 patents and pending applications, and has significant research resources with innovation hubs in five key geographies – USA, Europe, Middle East, South Asia and North Asia.
SABIC is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and as such will not discriminate in its employment practices, including recruiting and hiring practices, based on a person’s race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation and pregnancy), age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.